Dear all:
This is the URL for the video I showed you this morning. Unfortunately, I cannot embed it, but you can still watch it.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/video/2009/dec/15/police-terrorism
I really hope you listen to it again so we can comment on it next class. I know you may find the builders a bit harder to understand, but despite the language,it is good training. If you want to post a comment, you are more than welcome.
Regards,
Beatriz
Hello miss! I really agree with the girl, and sadly that happens here too. Last year my mother wanted to take a photo on the subway but the guards did not let her and they kicked her out of the train. I did not understand why that happened, but now I do.
ReplyDeleteHi!
ReplyDeleteWell I think that sometimes the problems is originated in both sides due to misunderstanding or people's attitude. But surely, there is an abuse of power, and we let it go on and on...
Fran:
ReplyDeleteIn response to your comment. What do you think we can do to stop it from happening?
regards,
In my oppinion this is just an example of what is always happening in Chile with the power's abuse, what is more, what is always happening around the world, because of the damn "power". But, why it is always against foreigners or poor people??
ReplyDeleteSeeing it otherwise, maybe the policeman needed more money at the end of the month...
I think that there was a misunderstanding between both sides. I understand that policemen were doing their jobs and owing to the terrorism, they have to be alert. However, I completely disagree with their attitude. They overact whith this girl.
ReplyDeleteIt is a shame that this things happens, this shows the lack of communication, and the prejudices that people have. I think it is very useful to know your rights as a human being, as this girl did. Maybe If we all were concerned about it, there will be less injustices.
ReplyDeleteI don´t think that we can stop this kind of abuse. I remembered that I had debated this in my school, and some people said that we should change Carabiniers by other institution. In my opinion, that is not the solution. Government always will have a police force that will abuse of us.
ReplyDelete