Wednesday, 15 September 2010

I know this isn't English, but please have a read now and post a comment below!!

¡A exigir DECENCIA!


Por favor, que los medios -y nosotros- dejen de hacer un reality SHOW de esta tragedia, NO necesitamos saber cada día qué comen, qué ropa llevan, qué dice la familia, si se bañaron, si se afeitaron, si están alegres, si están tristes, si tal empresa les manda qué, si tal empresario les reagala cuánto, si el ministro los llama, si la familia llora o ríe..... YA ESTÁ!!!!
Los 33 mineros están en una situación límite por responsabilidad de todos como país y especialmente de quienes tienen poder como los empresarios y autoridades implicados.
Pero tienen DIGNIDAD!!!! BASTA! No es agradable empezar, transitar y terminar cada noticiario y programa franjeado con imágenes, enviado especial, despacho en directo, testimonio, etc. YA SABEMOS qué pasó y de qué se trata, el morbo sólo termina de ensuciar algo que ya está sucio.
SEÑORES PERIODISTAS, EDITORES, DIRECTORES DE MEDIOS Y AUTORIDADES DE GOBIERNO, DESPIERTEN! Dejen de LUCRAR en dividendos económicos y de imagen, TENGAN DIGNIDAD Y PROMUÉVANLA!!!!
En otro extremo del país, hay 32 chilenos en huelga de hambre, hay millones de damnificados por un terremoto reciente, hay miles de chilenos viviendo en mediaguas en medio del barro haciendo fila en la madrugada para ocupar un baño químico (eso sí que es heroísmo!), hay gente que vivó un terremoto blanco (nieve) y nunca más supimos de ellos, hay choferes del Transantiago abusados en sus derechos humanos, hay una comuna rica como Providencia llena de ambulantes que roban y piratean, hay una comuna como Ñuñoa con un alcalde turbio al cual nadie investiga; hay gente haciendo cultura, arte y sanación con entereza; hay un Presidente que se esconde en una inauguración pues sabe que tendrá contra-manifestaciones en la zona del terremoto, pero que para otras cosas corre, llama, figura, salta, se sube al bote, escala, bucea, nada, vuela, etc.; hay autoridades que aún no dan explicaciones sobre de dónde salieron las parkas rojas y su logo impresentable o quién es el nuevo director de la Onemi por concurso público; hay un consuegro del Pdte que es ahora también dueño de Colo-Colo (todo en familia); hay despidos arbitrarios, hay seminarios sobre espiritualidad y conciencia de nota mundial en Chile y de los que nadie se entera; etc., etc.,.....
COMO CIUDADANOS EXIJAMOS QUE LOS MEDIOS Y LAS AUTORIDADES SE PREOCUPEN E INFORMEN DE TODO Y DE LO IMPORTANTE!!!!

Esta columna de Hernán Rivera Letelier sí es un aporte: http://www.elpais.com/articulo/internacional/33/numero/muerte/resurreccion/elpepiint/20100901elpepiint_8/Tes

21 comments:

  1. I can olny say this is so true. The power of the media is amazing. There are other political issues left out because there is too much going on to name it all. We need to wake up & wake up those around us. This is the problem when all the powers (political, economical & media) are concentrated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my opinion, this is terrible, not just because of everything that is said here, there are other things more, like the matter about the "termoelectrica" in Punta de Choros, the Chilean President told to the Chilean comunity that there won't be any "termoelectrica" in Chile, but, sadly, they already have an authorization. The Chilean President is promoting keep calm, but the thing is that if we stay calm, the "termoelectrica" is going to be in Punta de Choros very soon. We, as Chilean people, have to get informed and to protest to could avoid more acts of injustice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Sorry, I deleted it by mistake xD)

    Nefi Sama said...

    I totally agree. Personaly, I can't watch TV anymore since is so annoying the way people is being manipulated by strategies of speech. The President IS the biggest clown of all times. What's even worse, a lot of people believe him and his vulgar promises while he's doing whatever he wants. Chile hasproblems, and are being ignored. It's time to think again and speak your mind. The country is not just the government. We are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my personal opinion, it looks like if the whole country was the personal toy of a couple of people (and it seems to me that is true). I totally agree with him when he says that the government has done a sort of reality show when the miners' tragedy, and everybody is worried about that. Well, that's fine. Though, we cannot forget that we halso have other compatriots who are suffering the consequences from the earthquake, and they have to be living all together in a hut which is quite degrading, even when it is a good help. Some other people have not eaten anything because of a fair cause. However, who cares about it? ... well, as some people could show this situation through medias, but if that hadn't happened, it wouldn't be important at all.

    Now, it is true that there are always conferences,congresses, etc, about relevant things such as political issues, global problems, social injustice, and so on. Nevertheless, nobody promotes this kind of things, which are more important than the miners' television serie. I don't mean it is bad to be worried about them, but to be listening trhoughout the day what they do, for me, it's kind of disrespectful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree with this fragment. When I watch the news on TV always show something about the miners. I don't think that they like appears every day in the news. I think that the only group of people who have to know about their health are their family.

    On the other hand I think is annoying watch the news and saw the president and his team are celebrating the 18 of september in the meantime the mapuches are in a hunger strike is very very unpleasant for me.

    Media has a big power on people i have to say that they can use better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say that outside there are a lot of people who think the same as the guy who wrote this, Hernán Rivera, the problem is that those people, I include myself in the list, really don’t do anything to at all to change it, because that is one major problem of Chilean people, they like to talk about issues, complaining about them, but we don’t move of our place to do something to improve, stop, eradicate those issues. That’s the real problem; we have lost the capacity to feel… feel sorry about other’s problems, and feeling astonishment about the tragedies which are happening in the world. We live as zombies in a world that already died.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Hernan Rivera in some aspects. I know is true there are irregularities in the public system -transportation,health,etc-, with the earthquake, Mapuche's strike,and lots of things that the press try to hide. why? if we realized or whether we look for info. We have a television channel that belongs to the goverment, another one belongs to businessmen, the other one to the Catholic church, please it is completely obvious they protect their interest only, we can watch in the TV things to buy, how expensive will be the national holiday, places to visit, the money you pay in the highway, or have you ever heard about the reasons of some demonstrations, media just say how many people went to the jail, in my opinion, that's a way to say, if you express your opinion in the street, you'll go to the cell. You cannot celebrate a bicentenary while the president is covering all the things with that excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure it's all true. However ,it's even more troubling that people don't know about what's really going on in our country,while tv shows us just trash. Sometimes,people excuse themselves by saying they have no time or the chance to get informed, what is completely fake. We should care about those things that are happenig now. Although, if you're not interested in politics, it doesn't mean that this is not concern of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally agree with the report. I believe that it is very important to consider all the point referent to our own country. Government and journalists consider more important make a point of miners than mapuches. So, what don’t they consider mapuches? In my opinion, we are responsibility too because we permit and accept this situation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. SevinNyne said...

    I'm so tired of watching television. The only thing media shows us is the issue about the miners and they do not show us the reality our country is living (demostrations, native people, etc).

    About what Letelier wrote I had read that before and I think he is so right. Media can't create a reality show of tragedies like the miners and families are living.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that there are many things that television doesn't show us, and i really think that people should be informed.
    In the case of miners, as Hernan Rivera Letelier said, television shows us this tragedy like a reality show and that's not correct.
    It's so important that media shows relevant things related to the whole problems in our country.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think the same as the teacher, the power of the ones who manage every nation is enormous, because having the media they have the power to change the meaning of every fact, and that is very sad. there are people who do not have access to a good education in which the critical thinking is being promoted, so they cannot see the reality and they get lost in a world that they don’t understand well why things happened in a determinate way, or just because the speech of the government is contradictory with their acting. Very sad…

    ReplyDelete
  16. Unfortunately I belive that the power of the powerful people is so strong that If we don't take real conciuos and do something obout it, it won't be any change. Newspaper, television's chanels, magazines even reporters, shows whatever they want or whatever they have to, but there are many thigs that we don't know just because we are not so interested in look for real informetion, or more than real, we don't look for objective information. I hope this could change for the benefit of everyone.
    This is a very good task, and a ver good writer also.

    ReplyDelete
  17. When I knew that the miners were trapped under the mine, I felt really sorry for them. However, when every single TV programme started to show that piece of news, to me was like a reality show, I mean, all the things that they did, their families, their problems, etc. In addition to this, It seems to me that the government and also people forgot that it was a huge problem, and there were people involved in this tragedy (mine's owners and government). At the same time, in the rest of the country, there were another problems such as Mapuches, the earthquake and poverty, to name but a few.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well, I’m glad finally somebody has expressed publically all the things I had in my mind. It’s just denigrating for them and embarrassing for all of us to see such as show made of something as terrible as the miners thing. They should stop, but obviously with a populist president who allows and support all this … ‘things’ in order to be in the in the eyes of everybody, to get more points in the polls, to demonstrate that he is here doing something when he’s not. He just trying to hide all the other things he hasn’t done, the promises he hasn’t accomplish (and won’t) because he told us many things to buy our votes, but he’s not able to carry them out. Not that I hate our president (…) It’s just that I hate the image he’s giving of our country, of us! We’re not all as populist as he is. We don’t expose other people miseries just to appear like a hero. We have a clown instead of president, but I guess nobody cares about it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am little confused about the intentions of mass media. I dislike politics; however, I have my point of view about the things that happened in the world and our country. Since Sebastian Piñera has been in the government, I realized that some topics from newspapers have been changing. Obviously, he has the power and he can distract our attention of the issues of the country. I heard the miners case was a fake, which had been created by the president because he needed something that distracted our attention from conflicts like mapuche, earthquake and others.
    I think that comment is very strong and I don´t believe that is a fake; nonetheless, the popularity of the government grew after that. Piñera always knows how to take advantages of these sad situations. So the news about miners won’t finish until they will have gone out, before that we will be reading stupid things about hardcorito, knesa, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  20. All this is a parody!
    The government is making fun something that is'n fun. This year is the year of bad jokes.
    We have the Miner's reality, the victims' reality by the earthquake and the hunger Mapuches' reality.
    there's not respect, not even pity for nothing nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Actually the mass media sucks, I really hate watch the newa, the topic of the trapped miners is like a reality show, they only have cameras and everything, is like how to survive under land. News only show what they want, they show the worst side of people and they don't care about the worst side of politicians and the stupid government, I think the next 3 years we will living in a circus, because our president is nothing more than a bad clown who control everything in our country and try to look good in front of cameras.

    ReplyDelete